the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Friday 11 January 2013

Devlin De La Chapa - 1 Poem


Trailer park girl

the butterfly around your hollowed navel
spreads its wings and soars through my eyes

silver-plated love blows 30 degrees below dry-ice

my head is ripe for your destruction because
the chisel pounds because you say so, So

when I sleep the monster lays beside me with you

with you I hear painted ladies walking obscure streets,
I sense defeat as I crumble beneath your feet

your “Shh,” calms me in the dark of night

like the stir of winter fog eroding from your after sex cigarette
just as beer bottles break at the bottom of your trash can, silent

BIOGRAPHY: De La Chapa has been published here and there and is scheduled to appear elsewhere. She is a two-time Pushcart prize nominee, and a two-time recipient of an Editor's Choice.  Devlin edits @ BoySlut.