the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Ben Nardolilli - 1 Poem


The Evening Mysteries

I feel down by the carport,
Then you come, and feel too,
Before all the inhabitants
Agree to make me brighter,

Though you may be
With them, memories
Of others take my place
Away from me,

I have your buildings,
And have taken
Love of colors, purple
As well as orange, away,

Reminders for myself come
In muttering mantras
That echo by the car door,
I am so strong, beneath all craft.

Biography: Ben Nardolilli's work has appeared in Perigee Magazine, Red Fez, Danse Macabre, The 22 Magazine, Quail Bell Magazine, Elimae, fwriction, THEMA, Pear Noir, The Minetta Review, and Yes Poetry. He has a chapbook Common Symptoms of an Enduring Chill Explained, from Folded Word Press. He blogs at mirrorsponge.blogspot.com and is looking to publish his first novel.