the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Thursday 4 October 2012

Samantha Seto - 1 Poem


Witchcraft

Dust crowds the attic,
ancient photographs in paper boxes,
faint reflection in broken glass mirror.

Bury me under your deepest memory.
We engrave black crosses on our foreheads,
smell of blood clothes, sing dark prayer,
wear black nail polish, cover scars.

Walls encode invisible letters and numbers,
I brush my red hair wisps away, smearing ink.
Flame circles the ground, time warps in darkness,
paper released falls like snow around me.

If I go on, unforgivable curses remain on earth.
Hysteria crumbles to the ground, mirror of screams.
Dreams of prophetic times, cured only with supernatural.

BIOGRAPHY: Samantha Seto has been published in various anthologies including Ceremony, Soul Fountain, Carcinogenic Poetry, and Black Magnolias Journal. She is a third prize poetry winner of the Whispering Prairie Press contest.