the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Amit Parmessur - One Poem

O Thamizh Kadavul
(a poem dedicated to Lord Muruga)

O Thamizh Kadavul, you’ve always, always been
the rose enclosed by the mountains of my heart,
just that I’ve often lost myself in a dense forest.

I’ll seek you, my Guruhuha, every Tuesday –
I’ll dwell in that pious cave of devotion and
mould a melodious, holy Tuesday out of every
day. You are someone’s child, just like me,
and this makes me very proud.

I want to pour milk over your grace and
see my sinful soul slide down serpentine rivers.

I’ll repent for forgetting you by clattering
my teeth in painful, perpetual passion, and
washing my eyes with warm and serene tears.

To feel the power of your Arupadaiveedu Temples
I’ll show my feet the most religious paths.
Please, release me from all emotional debts,

physical and abstract diseases
in this polluted place.

Help me to let go of my ego.
Unveil me to myself.
Cleanse me!

Now.

O Thamizh Kadavul, offer me your nectar,
love and wisdom.
Inspire me to heaven.

O Thamizh Kadavul you’ve always been
the rose enclosed by the mountains of my heart,
just that I’ve opened my eyes just now, forever.

BIOGRAPHY: Born in 1983, Amit Parmessur lives with his black cat nowadays. Since 2010, his poems have appeared in more than 100 literary magazines such as Ann Arbor Review, Black-Listed Magazine, Censored Poets, Damazine, Eunoia Review, Front Porch Review, Red Fez, Poetic Medicine, The Short Humour Site and many others. His book on blog Lord Shiva and other poems has also been published by The Camel Saloon. He is nominated for the Pushcart Award and lives in Quatre-Bornes, Mauritius. He is an ex-student of Collège du Saint Esprit. As long as he gets published, he knows he is on the right track.