the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Thursday 3 March 2011

Sadie Harris - Two Poems


Three... Just Three

Prolific and filling.
Those spaces between
lines of grammatical symbols
creating drama and feeling,
litanies, books and deep wells.
Those places of the heart
where engulfing life with its profundities
lie silent in their grave without
the meaning of just three words, expressed
in completion and question...
So, where have you been all my life?

Whispers

Quiet does not need me
to know it's future,
to relinquish to
that which its nature
procures.

Enigma painted with
restrained allure,
hue blending
mute to unseen
from the blare of white noise.
Bleeding down
devoid of solid
markings to trail
a path.

Noiseless breadcrumbs falling
wafting velvet petals
released from their stem,
leading to unrequited
adulation,
undisclosed.

Just a wisp
across my silent irritations.
It does not need me
to know
I am lost
without you.